Beef and Broccoli
• 1 pound thick boneless sirloin steaks
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 -2 tomatoes or 1-2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup water
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1-2 carrots
• 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, crushed
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
• 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
• 4 cups steamed white/brown rice
Step 1 Slice beef into thin strips.
Step 2 Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Step 3 Cook garlic in hot oil until golden brown.
Step 4 Then, add the beef and brown until juice is reduced.
Step 5 Meanwhile, mix chopped tomatoes or 1-2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, 1/2 cup chicken/beet/vegetable broth and pepper flakes in a small bowl.
Step 6 Add to beef mixture and heat to a boil. Once at a boil, immediately add broccoli and sliced carrots ( I had some mushrooms left and I added them to the skillet before broccoli and carrots).
Step 7 Reduce heat to medium and cook until crisp and tender, about 10 minutes (less time if you want it crisper). Stir often to avoid sticking on the bottom of the skillet.
Step 8 Serve over steamed white/brown rice.